“Gives me a nice boost of energy in the morning while staying keto. I used coconut milk instead of heavy cream, tasted great.”~ Kat
Keto Coffee, a fat-burning Keto smoothie recipe, is a delicious and energizing drink that combines the bold flavor of coffee with the creaminess of heavy cream and the benefits of MCT oil. This smoothie is perfect for a morning pick-me-up or a pre-workout boost.
Coffee is a natural source of antioxidants and has been linked to improved mental and physical performance. The healthy fats from MCT oil, or coconut oil, provide an energy boost and help maintain ketosis, while the protein powder supports muscle recovery and growth.
Everything You Need
The Keto Coffee smoothie ingredients are:
- heavy cream
- vanilla protein powder
- MCT Oil
Coffee – Coffee is widely used for its ability to enhance focus and provide an energy boost. It contains the central nervous system stimulant caffeine which increases energy levels and reduces fatigue. Coffee has also been shown to reduce the risk of developing neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Milk – Milk, mainly from cows, sheep, and goats, has been consumed through out the world for thousands of years. It is protein-rich and packed with important nutrients including, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, phosphorous, potassium, and selenium. Milk is known to benefit bone health and may prevent osteoporosis.
MCT Oil – MCT oil is a supplement made from medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are a type of fat found naturally in coconut oil, palm kernel oil, and dairy products. MCTs are unique because they are more easily absorbed and metabolized by the body compared to long-chain triglycerides (LCTs) found in most dietary fats. This rapid absorption and metabolism provide a quick source of energy, making MCT oil popular among athletes, those following a ketogenic diet, and individuals seeking to improve cognitive function or support weight management.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Keto Coffee Smoothie
The Keto Coffee smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place coffee, heavy cream, vanilla protein powder, MCT Oil, Stevia, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
Heavy cream can be replaced with almond milk or coconut milk for a lighter option.
Add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder for a mocha variation.
- Place coffee, heavy cream, vanilla protein powder, MCT Oil, Stevia, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Heavy cream can be replace with almond milk or coconut milk for a lighter option.
- Add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder for a mocha variation.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 4gSugar: 24gProtein: 42g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use cold brew coffee instead of brewed coffee in a Keto Coffee Smoothie?
Yes, you can use cold brew coffee instead of brewed coffee in a Keto Coffee Smoothie. Cold brew coffee can provide a smoother, less acidic taste, making it an excellent alternative for those who prefer a milder coffee flavor. Just ensure that your cold brew coffee is unsweetened and without added flavors that could increase the carb content, to keep your smoothie aligned with your ketogenic diet goals.
Is it possible to make a decaffeinated version of the Keto Coffee Smoothie?
Absolutely! You can make a decaffeinated version of the Keto Coffee Smoothie by simply using decaffeinated brewed coffee or decaf cold brew coffee in place of regular coffee. This allows you to enjoy the rich, bold flavors of the coffee smoothie without the caffeine content, making it suitable for those who are sensitive to caffeine or prefer a caffeine-free option. Remember to choose unsweetened decaffeinated coffee to keep your smoothie keto-friendly.
More Keto Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Keto Coffee smoothie, try more of our fat-burning favorites on our Keto Smoothie Recipes page.