A super-healthy fruit and veggie Liver Detox smoothie designed to help cleanse and eliminate harmful toxins from the body. Learn how to make at home!
Liver Detox, a Detox Smoothie Recipe, is a highly nutritious fruit and veggie smoothie that is packed with anti-inflammatory bioactive compounds. Sweet apples and bananas, earthy carrots, parsley, and spinach, tangy lemon juice, spicy cinnamon and turmeric, in a creamy smooth almond milk base. The perfect toxin flushing drink to reset and revitalize your body’s thirsty cells.
“Wonderful tasting for a detox smoothie and LOVE all of the anti-inflammatory foods. Add a little ice for texture.”
What Is In The Liver Detox Smoothie?
The Liver Detox smoothie ingredients are:
- baby spinach
- green apple
- lemon juice
- almond milk
- hemp protein powder
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Baby Spinach – Baby spinach is an early harvest leafy green that is slightly sweeter than regular spinach. It is nutrient-dense, containing significant vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folate, iron, and zinc. Baby spinach is known to promote eye health, lower blood sugar levels, help prevent anemia, and reduce the risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Carrots – Carrots are a super-healthy root vegetable that are an excellent source of fiber. They are high in vitamin A, vitamin K1, beta carotene, potassium, and loaded with antioxidants. Carrots are most famous for promoting good vision, but also lower cholesterol and help protect against various forms of cancer.
Green Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Parsley – Parsley is a Mediterranean leaf plant, widely used as a fragrant culinary herb that provides great nutritional value and offers many health benefits. It is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium. In addition to fresh breath, parsley supports bone health and healing, helps prevent age-related macular degeneration, and displays antibacterial properties.
Walnuts – Walnuts are one of the most nutritious nuts you can eat. They are rich in polyphenol ellagitannins, loaded with plant-based omega-3 fat called alpha-linolenic acid, and are high in magnesium. Walnuts are known to reduce inflammation, promote a healthy gut microbiome, lower your risk of type 2 diabetes, lower your blood pressure, and support good brain function.
Lemon Juice – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Cinnamon – Cinnamon is an ancient spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It is high in powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols, and is loaded with cinnamaldehyde, which also provides significant health benefits. Cinnamon is a known anti-inflammatory, helps reduce cholesterol, improves sensitivity to insulin, and aids in the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Turmeric – Turmeric is a yellow Indian spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. Its primary bioactive ingredient is curcumin, that delivers powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Turmeric has been shown to increase the antioxidant capacity of your body by neutralizing free radicals and stimulating the protective action of other antioxidants.
Hemp Protein Powder – Hemp protein powder has an earthy, nutty taste and is made by grinding pressed hemp seeds into a powder. It contains all nine essential amino acids and is a high-quality planted-based protein source. Hemp protein powder is typically used by health-conscious body builders and by those trying to gain weight or increase muscle mass.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this detox smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Liver Detox smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place banana, baby spinach, carrots, green apple, parsley, walnuts, lemon juice, almond milk, cinnamon, turmeric, and hemp protein powder into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies are also excellent for detoxifying your body:
- Grapefruit Detox Smoothie Recipe
- SkinnyMs Cleanse And Detox Smoothie Recipe
- Tropical Turmeric Cleanser Detox Smoothie Recipe
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Liver Detox Smoothie Recipe
Liver Detox smoothie recipe tastes like a delicious and healthy fruit and vegetable shake with a hint of cinnamon and turmeric spice. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 cup bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup green apples, cored
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/8 cup walnuts, shelled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder, unsweetened
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place banana, baby spinach, carrots, green apple, parsley, walnuts, lemon juice, almond milk, cinnamon, turmeric, and hemp protein powder into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 392mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 13gSugar: 61gProtein: 48g
More Detox Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Liver Detox smoothie recipe, try more of our great tasting body cleansing favorites on our Detox Smoothie Recipes page.
WebMD: Website; Healthline: Website