“I love grapefruit and love this drink. I added a little freshly grated ginger to kick up its cold-busting properties even more.”~ Audrey H.
3-2-1 Immune Boost, a popular Ninja Blender smoothie recipe, is absolutely loaded with immunity building vitamins and minerals. The perfect blend of citrus and sweet, there is no tastier way to strengthen your immune system and prevent seasonal maladies. Sunshine in a glass …
Everything You Need
The Ninja Blender 3-2-1 Immune Boost smoothie ingredients are:
- goji berries, dried
Grapefruit – Grapefruit is a tropical citrus fruit that is widely popular for its sweet and slightly sour taste. Although low in calories, it is packed with powerful antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, lycopene, and flavanones. Grapefruit are known to reduce kidney stones, prevent eye-related disorders such as macular degeneration, and protect cells from environmental damage.
Kiwis – Kiwis, originally known as Chinese gooseberries, are a small delicious fruit native to the hillsides of southern China that offer an impressive list of health benefits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and vitamin K and contain anti-inflammatory plant compounds known as carotenoids. Kiwis are known to reduce heart disease risk factors, including high blood pressure, and aid digestive health by preventing constipation.
Tangerines – Tangerines, a type of mandarin, are the second most cultivated citrus fruit after oranges. They are nutrient-rich, containing vitamin A, vitamin C, potsassium, and a multitude of powerful antioxidants such as naringin, hesperidin, tangeretin, and nobiletin. Tangerines are excellent immunity boosters, protect against neurodegenerative diseases such Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, and promote healthy skin by boosting collagen synthesis.
Goji Berries – Goji berries have recently come into superfood fashion due to their abundant antioxidant profile and powerful medicinal qualities. Just one serving (5 tablespoons) provides a staggering 500% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin A and significant amounts of vitamin C and iron. Goji berries are best known for their ability to promote immune function and support healthy vision.
A standard blender is all that is required to make Ninja Blender smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available Ninja Single Serve Blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Ninja Blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Ninja Blender 3-2-1 Immune Boost Smoothie
The Ninja Blender 3-2-1 Immune Boost smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place grapefruit, kiwis, tangerines, goji berries, water, and crushed ice into a Ninja blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Orange juice can be substituted for the water to boost the vitamin C levels even further.
- Place grapefruit, kiwis, tangerines, goji berries, water, and crushed ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Orange juice can be substituted for the water to boost the vitamin C levels even further.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 14gSugar: 61gProtein: 6g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Vitamin C boosts your immune system by stimulating the production and function of white blood cells, which fight off infections. It also acts as a powerful antioxidant, reducing inflammation and tissue damage caused by free radicals. However, while it can contribute to overall immune health, it’s not proven to prevent or significantly shorten the duration of common colds in most individuals.
Goji berries are considered a superfood due to their high nutrient density; they are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that support overall health. They are notably rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber, contributing to immune function, eye health, and digestive health respectively. Additionally, the antioxidant properties of goji berries may reduce inflammation and counteract aging processes.
More Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious 3-2-1 Immune Boost smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes page.
Ninja Blender: Website