An immunity-boosting Ninja Blender smoothie recipe designed to help keep you healthy and invincible during cold and flu season, learn how to make at home.
3-2-1 Immune Boost, a Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipe, is absolutely loaded with immunity building vitamins and minerals. The perfect blend of citrus and sweet, there is no tastier way to strengthen your immune system and prevent seasonal maladies. Sunshine in a glass …
“I love grapefruit and love this drink. I added a little freshly grated ginger to kick up its cold-busting properties even more.”
What Is In The 3-2-1 Immune Boost Smoothie From Ninja Blender?
The Ninja Blender 3-2-1 Immune Boost smoothie ingredients are:
- goji berries
- crushed ice
Grapefruit – Grapefruit is a tropical citrus fruit that is widely popular for its sweet and slightly sour taste. Although low in calories, it is packed with powerful antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, lycopene, and flavanones. Grapefruit are known to reduce kidney stones, prevent eye-related disorders such as macular degeneration, and protect cells from environmental damage.
Kiwis – Kiwis, originally known as Chinese gooseberries, are a small delicious fruit native to the hillsides of southern China that offer an impressive list of health benefits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and vitamin K and contain anti-inflammatory plant compounds known as carotenoids. Kiwis are known to reduce heart disease risk factors, including high blood pressure, and aid digestive health by preventing constipation.
Tangerines – Tangerines, a type of mandarin, are the second most cultivated citrus fruit after oranges. They are nutrient-rich, containing vitamin A, vitamin C, potsassium, and a multitude of powerful antioxidants such as naringin, hesperidin, tangeretin, and nobiletin. Tangerines are excellent immunity boosters, protect against neurodegenerative diseases such Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, and promote healthy skin by boosting collagen synthesis.
Goji Berries – Goji berries have recently come into superfood fashion due to their abundant antioxidant profile and powerful medicinal qualities. Just one serving (5 tablespoons) provides a staggering 500% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin A and significant amounts of vitamin C and iron. Goji berries are best known for their ability to promote immune function and support healthy vision.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Ninja Blender smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller, single-serve Ninja Foodi Smoothie Bowl Maker as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Ninja Compact Kitchen System blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Ninja Blender 3-2-1 Immune Boost smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place grapefruit, kiwis, tangerines, goji berries, water, and crushed ice into a Ninja blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Orange juice can be substituted for the water to boost the vitamin C levels even further.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies offer a similar slightly sour grapefruit flavor profile, give one a try:
- Place grapefruit, kiwis, tangerines, goji berries, water, and crushed ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Orange juice can be substituted for the water to boost the vitamin C levels even further.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 14gSugar: 61gProtein: 6g
More Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this 3-2-1 Immune Boost smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes page.
Ninja Blender: Website