A delicious, muscle-building Ninja Blender protein shake recipe that is packed with heart-healthy omega 3s, learn how to make at home.
Almond Honey Flaxseed, a Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipe, is the perfect breakfast shake, high in protein which benefits muscle health and curbs your appetite throughout the day. Also, it provides a plentiful dose of heart-healthy Omega-3 to help keep your cholesterol levels in check. The deliciously nutty flavor is perfectly complemented by the sweet golden honey, a satiating and satisfying way to get your day started. Just try to keep this one in your glass as it tends to get a bit sticky.
“Tastes great and super simple to make. A scoop of vanilla protein powder makes this a perfect post-workout recovery shake.”
What Is In The Almond Honey Flaxseed Smoothie From Ninja Blender?
The Ninja Blender Almond Honey Flaxseed smoothie ingredients are:
- almond milk
- almond butter
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Almond Butter – Almond Butter is made from roasted, ground almonds and is often used as a substitute for peanut butter. It is high in monounsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin E. Almond butter can help lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, and improve the health of artery walls.
Honey – Honey is a thick, sticky liquid made from plant nectar by honeybees. It is rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids that are excellent at reducing oxidative stress. Honey has been used to facilitate burn and wound healing for thousands of years and has shown great success in healing diabetes-related foot ulcers.
Flaxseed – Flaxseed has a mild, nutty flavor and a crisp, crunchy texture. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals and high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Flaxseed is rich in fiber, has potent cancer-fighting properties, particularly for breast cancer colorectal cancer, and skin cancer, and benefits your heart by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Ninja Blender smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller, single-serve Ninja Foodi Smoothie Bowl Maker as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Ninja Compact Kitchen System blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Ninja Blender Almond Honey Flaxseed smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place are almond milk, almond butter, honey, flaxseed, and ice into a Ninja blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Coconut or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk without significantly changing the flavor profile.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following protein shakes also help with post-workout muscle recovery, give one a blend:
- Ninja Blender Creamy Banana Orange Protein Shake Recipe
- NutriBullet Loco-Cocoa Recovery Smoothie Recipe
- Smoothie King HIIT Workout Chocolate Cinnamon Recipe
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Ninja Blender Almond Honey Flaxseed Smoothie Recipe
Ninja Blender Almond Honey Flaxseed smoothie recipe's deliciously nutty flavor is perfectly complemented by the sweet golden honey. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp flaxseed
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place almond milk, almond butter, honey, flaxseed, and ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 12gSugar: 49gProtein: 35g
More Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Almond Honey Flaxseed smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes page.
NInja Blender: Website