“So fresh and filling. Love the banana, chocolate, and coconut pairing with the leafy greens mixed in … tastes way better than a regular protein shake!”~ Kim M.
Choco Nut Butter Protein Shake, a popular Ninja Blender smoothie recipe, is a fresh chocolatey muscle-builder packed with protein. Interestingly, there are no nuts in this shake, but the unsweetened coconut milk provides a wonderful nutty balance against the sweetness of the chocolate and banana. Pump yourself up, the healthy way!
Everything You Need
The Ninja Blender Choco Nut Butter Protein Shake ingredients are:
- coconut milk
- chocolate whey protein powder
Kale – Kale, a very popular cruciferous vegetable, is one of the most nutrient-packed foods you can eat. A single cup contains 200% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, 135% of the recommended vitamin C, and 685% of the recommended vitamin K, among many others. Kale also provides very high levels of the powerful antioxidants quercetin and kaempferol, known to lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Coconut Milk – Coconut milk, produced by mixing coconut meat with water, has recently become a popular alternative to traditional cow’s milk. It is highly caloric, but offers significant levels of manganese, copper, iron, magnesium, and selenium. Coconut milk also contains medium-chain triglycerides that have been show to lower LDL cholesterol levels.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make Ninja Blender smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available Ninja Single Serve Blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Ninja Blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Ninja Blender Choco Nut Butter Protein Shake
The Ninja Blender Choco Nut Butter Protein Shake is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place kale, banana, coconut milk, chocolate protein powder, and ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Place kale, banana, coconut milk, chocolate protein powder, and ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 10gSugar: 36gProtein: 73g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Kale stands out as a nutritional powerhouse for several reasons. Firstly, it’s incredibly rich in vitamins, particularly vitamin K, which plays a vital role in blood clotting and bone health. It’s also a fantastic source of vitamins A and C, crucial for vision, immune function, and skin health. On the mineral front, kale provides calcium, potassium, and magnesium. Furthermore, this leafy green contains antioxidants like quercetin and kaempferol, which have been linked to various health benefits, including anti-inflammatory and heart-protective properties. Kale also offers dietary fiber, aiding digestion and promoting a sense of fullness. The combination of these nutrients makes kale a stellar choice for promoting overall health and warding off chronic diseases. When I incorporate kale into my smoothies, its robust nutrient content enhances the drink’s overall health benefits.
Protein powder in itself doesn’t directly cause weight gain. It’s a supplement that provides additional protein, which can assist in muscle growth when combined with resistance training. However, weight gain or loss is primarily dictated by total calorie intake in relation to calorie expenditure. If someone consumes protein powder in addition to their regular diet and exceeds their daily caloric needs, it can result in weight gain. Conversely, when used as a meal replacement or within a controlled caloric regimen, it won’t inherently lead to weight gain. It’s important to consider the overall context of its use, the type of protein powder (some come with added sugars and calories), and one’s broader dietary and exercise habits.
More Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Choco Nut Butter Protein Shake smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes page.
Ninja Blender: Website