“SO light and fresh but with just a hint of spice. Love this one!”~ Sara H.
Cool Ginger Pear, a popular Ninja Blender smoothie recipe, is a refreshing stomach-soothing smoothie that is loaded with fiber. Sweet pear and honey balanced with a hint of spicy ginger and tangy lemon make for a perfect breakfast smoothie or mid-morning snack. It’s like having a spa right in your own home.
Everything You Need
The Ninja Blender Cool Ginger Pear smoothie ingredients are:
- lemon juice
Pears – Pears are a sweet, bell-shaped fruit that offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They contain significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. Pears are also known to promote healthy gut bacteria, possess anti-inflammatory properties, and boost heart health.
Ginger – Ginger is a Southeast Asian flowering plant that is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It contains the bioactive compound gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is also used to treat many forms of nausea, including morning sickness and sea sickness, to relieve chronic indigestion, to reduce joint pain resulting from osteoarthritis, and to help fight infections.
Lemon Juice – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Honey – Honey is a thick, sticky liquid made from plant nectar by honeybees. It is rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids that are excellent at reducing oxidative stress. Honey has been used to facilitate burn and wound healing for thousands of years and has shown great success in healing diabetes-related foot ulcers.
A standard blender is all that is required to make Ninja Blender smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available Ninja Single Serve Blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Ninja Blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Ninja Blender Cool Ginger Pear Smoothie
The Ninja Blender Cool Ginger Pear smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place pears, ginger, lemon juice, honey, water, and ice into a Ninja blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Brown sugar or maple syrup can be substituted for the honey without significantly changing the flavor profile.
- Place pears, ginger, lemon juice, honey, water, and ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Brown sugar or maple syrup can be substituted for the honey without significantly changing the flavor profile.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 131gFiber: 14gSugar: 90gProtein: 20g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Ginger has been used for centuries to alleviate gastrointestinal discomfort. It contains compounds like gingerol and shogaol that can help soothe an upset stomach, reduce nausea, and aid digestion. Clinical studies have shown that ginger can be particularly effective in reducing nausea stemming from various causes, including pregnancy, chemotherapy, and post-surgery. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties can also help relax the gastrointestinal muscles, preventing bloating and gas. Consuming ginger in various forms, whether as fresh ginger slices, ginger tea, or even ginger candies, can offer relief. I often recommend incorporating ginger into beverages or meals as a natural remedy to support digestive health based on its efficacy and my positive experiences using it in various culinary applications.
Lemon juice is often touted as a weight loss aid, primarily when consumed in warm water. While it can promote hydration and provide vitamin C, its direct link to weight loss is not scientifically established. Instead, its benefit may arise from replacing high-calorie drinks, aiding hydration, and possibly supporting digestion.
More Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Cool Ginger Pear smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes page.
Ninja Blender: Website