“Love the spicy cinnamon, great pre-workout as it is super-hydrating and not too heavy.”🙂 Presley
Creamy Banana Orange Protein Shake, a Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipe, is a creamy sweet protein shake designed to facilitate post-workout muscle repair and growth. With a trio of fresh fruit spiced up with a whisper of cinnamon, this smoothie is the perfect healthy supplement to your workout. And, it is truly delicious.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Mango – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Oranges – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Cinnamon – Cinnamon is an ancient spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It is high in powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols, and is loaded with cinnamaldehyde, which also provides significant health benefits. Cinnamon is a known anti-inflammatory, helps reduce cholesterol, improves sensitivity to insulin, and aids in the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make Ninja Blender smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available Ninja Single Serve Blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Ninja Blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Ninja Blender Creamy Banana Orange Protein smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place banana, mango, orange, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla whey protein powder, and ice into a Ninja blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Place banana, mango, orange, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla whey protein powder, and ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 308mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 8gSugar: 34gProtein: 71g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Protein powder in itself doesn’t directly cause weight gain. It’s a supplement that provides additional protein, which can assist in muscle growth when combined with resistance training. However, weight gain or loss is primarily dictated by total calorie intake in relation to calorie expenditure. If someone consumes protein powder in addition to their regular diet and exceeds their daily caloric needs, it can result in weight gain. Conversely, when used as a meal replacement or within a controlled caloric regimen, it won’t inherently lead to weight gain. It’s important to consider the overall context of its use, the type of protein powder (some come with added sugars and calories), and one’s broader dietary and exercise habits.
Cinnamon has been studied for various potential health benefits, including its role in weight management. While it’s not a magic solution for weight loss, certain properties of cinnamon, such as its ability to enhance insulin sensitivity and stabilize blood sugar levels, might indirectly support weight loss and metabolic health. Regularly fluctuating blood sugar can lead to increased hunger and calorie intake. By helping stabilize these levels, cinnamon could reduce overeating tendencies.
More Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Creamy Banana Orange Protein Shake recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes page.
NInja Blender: Website