A delicious spinach-based Ninja Blender Green smoothie recipe designed to lower promote heart health and fight free radicals, learn how to make at home.
Emerald Green Elixir, a Ninja Blender “Smoothies & Super Juices” Recipe, is a superb tasting spinach delivery system. A flavor-balanced vehicle of creamy banana, sweet-tart kiwi and honey, this elixir improves blood glucose control in diabetics, lowers blood pressure, lowers the risk of cancer, and improves bone health for those concerned about osteoporosis. We just love spinach-based green smoothies and so should you!
“Great tasting way to get your kids to eat a serving of spinach. Kiwi is their favorite!”
What Is In The Emerald Green Elixir Smoothie From Ninja Blender?
The Ninja Blender Emerald Green Elixir smoothie ingredients are:
- white grape juice
- crushed ice
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Kiwis – Kiwis, originally known as Chinese gooseberries, are a small delicious fruit native to the hillsides of southern China that offer an impressive list of health benefits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and vitamin K and contain anti-inflammatory plant compounds known as carotenoids. Kiwis are known to reduce heart disease risk factors, including high blood pressure, and aid digestive health by preventing constipation.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Grapes – Grapes have been cultivated for thousands of years and offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They are rich in vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. The antioxidant resveratrol in Grapes helps lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, and protect against heart disease.
Honey – Honey is a thick, sticky liquid made from plant nectar by honeybees. It is rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids that are excellent at reducing oxidative stress. Honey has been used to facilitate burn and wound healing for thousands of years and has shown great success in healing diabetes-related foot ulcers.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this green smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Emerald Green Elixir smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place banana, kiwi, spinach, white grape juice, honey, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies have a similar creamy green flavor profile, give one a try:
- Ninja Blender Dandy Green Machine Smoothie Recipe
- Snickerdoodle Green Smoothie Recipe
- Vitamix Banana Raspberry Green Smoothie Recipe
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Ninja Blender Emerald Green Elixir Smoothie Recipe
Ninja Blender Emerald Green Elixir Smoothie is a superb tasting "Smoothies & Super Juices" spinach delivery system. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- ½ bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup white grape juice
- 2 tsp honey, raw and unfiltered
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop Green Superfood Boost, optional
- Place banana, kiwi, spinach, white grape juice, honey, and crushed ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Unsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 4gSugar: 44gProtein: 2g
More Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Emerald Green Elixir smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes page.
Ninja Blender: Website