“I love this one in the afternoon … tastes super-healthy and gives me a little energy boost without having caffeine late in the day.”~ Anne
Fountain Of Youth, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, possesses the perfect age-reversing blend of leafy greens, fruit, and nuts. Developed to revive and reenergize your body, resulting in a more youthful and vigorous state, this Fountain of Youth smoothie is the perfect mid-day meal or afternoon snack.
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Fountain Of Youth smoothie ingredients are:
- crushed ice
Avocados – Avocados are neither fruit nor vegetable, but are actually considered berries. They are an excellent source of vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6 vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Avocados promote healthy gut bacteria, reduce the risk of heart disease, and provide essential nutrients required during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Nectarines – Nectarines are a sweet summertime fruit that is technically a variety of peach. They contain vitamin B3, vitamin C, copper, and potassium and are loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants. Nectarines have been shown to prevent anemia, improve skin health, and lower your risk of developing certain types of cancer.
Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular superfood that are low in calories and highly nutritious. They are the king of antioxidants, being absolutely loaded with flavonoids, and provide significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries protect against aging and cancer, by reducing DNA damage, and boost heart function, by preventing LDL oxidization and lowering blood pressure.
Kale – Kale, a very popular cruciferous vegetable, is one of the most nutrient-packed foods you can eat. A single cup contains 200% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, 135% of the recommended vitamin C, and 685% of the recommended vitamin K, among many others. Kale also provides very high levels of the powerful antioxidants quercetin and kaempferol, known to lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Walnuts – Walnuts are one of the most nutritious nuts you can eat. They are rich in polyphenol ellagitannins, loaded with plant-based omega-3 fat called alpha-linolenic acid, and are high in magnesium. Walnuts are known to reduce inflammation, promote a healthy gut microbiome, lower your risk of type 2 diabetes, lower your blood pressure, and support good brain function.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Fountain Of Youth Smoothie
The NutriBullet Fountain Of Youth smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place avocado, nectarines, blueberries, kale, walnuts, water, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Peaches can be substituted for the nectarines without significantly altering the flavor profile.
- Place avocado, nectarines, blueberries, kale, walnuts, and crushed ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Oranges can be substituted for the nectarines without significantly altering the flavor profile.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 12gSugar: 19gProtein: 12g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
Nectarines and peaches are closely related, but they have some distinct differences. The most noticeable is the skin: peaches have a fuzzy exterior, while nectarines have smooth skin. This difference is due to a genetic mutation in nectarines. In terms of flavor, nectarines tend to be firmer and more aromatic, often with a slightly more pronounced sweetness and tartness compared to peaches. Nutritionally, they are quite similar, both rich in vitamins A and C, fiber, and antioxidants
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Fountain of Youth smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.