A sweet and creamy smoothie with a mild nutty flavor from the creators of the NutriBullet Blender, learn how to make at home.
Heart-Healthy Hemp, a NutriBullet Smoothie Recipe, is a heart-healthy nutrient-packed smoothie loaded with essential fatty acid omegas. Sweet from the berries and dates, a bit of tanginess from the clementines, and creamy from the avocado and hemp milk. This heart-loving powerhouse is also awesome for your skin!
What Is In The Heart-Healthy Hemp Smoothie From NutriBullet?
The NutriBullet Heart-Healthy Hemp smoothie ingredients are avocado, clementines, dates, mixed berries, hemp milk, water, cacao nibs, and hemp seeds.
Avocados – Avocados are neither fruit nor vegetable, but are actually considered berries. They are an excellent source of vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Avocados promote healthy gut bacteria, reduce the risk of heart disease, and provide essential nutrients required during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Clementines – Clementines are a tiny citrus fruit that are a hybrid of mandarin and sweet oranges. They are a great source of vitamin C and also contain several other vitamins and minerals including folate and thiamine. Clementines are known to promote skin health while easing constipation and preventing diverticulitis.
Dates – Dates are the sweet and chewy fruit of a palm tree that are typically consumed dried. They are highly nutritious, containing significant vitamin B6, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Dates are abundant in disease-fighting antioxidants and have been shown to improve brain function by reducing inflammation and preventing plaque formation.
Mixed Berries – Berries are some of the most healthy foods one can eat, and they are absolutely delicious. They are loaded with free radical neutralizing antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese, and are high in dietary fiber. Berries are also known to reduce blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity, fight inflammation, and lower cholesterol levels.
Hemp Milk – Hemp milk is a popular plant-based alternative to cow milk. It is rich in calcium, protein, and contains all 10 essential amino acids needed to stay healthy. Hemp milk has been shown to promote healthy skin and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Cacao – Cacao powder, commonly used as a base ingredient for chocolate, is made by grinding up coco beans and removing the fat. Its main health benefit comes from an abundance of polyphenols, a naturally occurring group of antioxidants. Cacao powder is a heart-healthy ingredient, known to reduce high blood pressure, improve blood flow to your brain, lower the risk of stroke, and improve Type 2 diabetes symptoms.
Hemp Seeds – Hemp seeds are nutrient rich, loaded with healthy fats, and extremely high in plant-based protein. They contain significant amounts of the essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6, and high amounts of the amino acid arginine. Hemp seeds are known to reduce the risk of heart disease, fight inflammation, and provide relief from skin disorders such as eczema.
NutriBullet Heart-Healthy Hemp Smoothie Recipe
NutriBullet Heart-Healthy Hemp smoothie recipe tastes like sweet and creamy milkshake with mild nutty highlights. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 clementines, peeled
- 1 dates, pitted
- 1 cup mixed berries, frozen
- 1 cup hemp milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place avocado, clementine, dates, mixed berries, hemp milk, water, cacao nibs, and hemp seeds into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- A clementine is a citrus hybrid that has a flavor falling mid-way between a mandarin orange and a sweet orange, either of which my be used as substitutions.
- f you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 18gSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 13gSugar: 25gProtein: 12g
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Heart-Healthy Hemp smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.