” I added a pinch of black cohosh as suggested and I have to say, this smoothie actually helps!”~ Marian
Hormone Helper, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is featured on their infomercial as the perfect homeopathic remedy for women experiencing “The Change” associated with menopause. Designed specifically for women to help regulate hormonal balance, the Hormone Helper smoothie offers a natural alternative to help alleviate menopausal symptoms. *Pro-Tip: add a little Black Cohosh to reduce hot flashes and night sweats ;-)
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Hormone Helper smoothie ingredients are:
- goji berries
- olive oil
- crushed ice
Avocados – Avocados are neither fruit nor vegetable, but are actually considered berries. They are an excellent source of vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6 vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Avocados promote healthy gut bacteria, reduce the risk of heart disease, and provide essential nutrients required during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Beets – Beets possess a particularly powerful nutritional profile. They are extremely low in calories, yet rich in vitamins and minerals important to athletic performance. Beets contain significant amounts of folate, important to physical growth and heart health, manganese, which assists bone strength and brain function, and copper, which facilitates energy production. Studies have shown that beets can help lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, and reduce age-related cognitive decline.
Broccoli – Broccoli is a nutrient-dense cruciferous vegetable that is widely known for its health benefits. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, and contains significant amounts of folate, iron, manganese, and potassium. The beneficial plant compound sulforaphane, abundant in broccoli, is known to provide excellent protection against various types of cancer.
Grapes – Grapes have been cultivated for thousands of years and offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They are rich in vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. The antioxidant resveratrol in Grapes helps lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, and protect against heart disease.
Raspberries – Raspberries are a popular seasonal fruit that are actually a member of the rose family. They are packed with vitamin C and manganese and also provide several B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Raspberries are very high in antioxidant plant compounds that protect against cell damage and can help reduce your risk of various chronic diseases.
Goji Berries – Goji berries have recently come into superfood fashion due to their abundant antioxidant profile and powerful medicinal qualities. Just one serving (5 tablespoons) provides a staggering 500% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin A and significant amounts of vitamin C and iron. Goji berries are best known for their ability to promote immune function and support healthy vision.
Olive Oil – Olive oil is a controversial healthy dietary fat that has been used in cooking for thousands of years. It is rich in the good monounsaturated fat oleic acid and contains heart-healthy omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fats. Olive oil has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, lowers your risk of heart disease, can help prevent strokes, and has been shown to fight Alzheimer’s disease.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Hormone Helper Smoothie
The Nutribullet Hormone Helper smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place avocado, beets, broccoli, grapes, raspberries, goji berries, olive oil, water, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Avocado oil can be substituted for the olive oil without significantly changing the flavor profile.
- Place avocado, beets, broccoli, grapes, raspberries, goji berries, olive oil, water, and crushed ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Avocado oil can be substituted for the olive oil without significantly changing the flavor profile.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 102gFiber: 40gSugar: 31gProtein: 37g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
Black cohosh, a herb native to North America, is commonly used to alleviate symptoms associated with menopause. It’s believed to help with hot flashes, mood swings, sleep disturbances, and night sweats, which are common during menopause. The exact mechanism of how black cohosh works isn’t fully understood, but it’s thought to have estrogen-like effects on the body, helping to balance hormone levels that fluctuate during menopause. Additionally, some studies suggest it may interact with serotonin receptors, potentially aiding in mood regulation.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Hormone Helper smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.