“Aww … tastes like a healthy pumpkin pie. If you don’t have vanilla protein powder, add a few drops of vanilla extract for that sweet, sweet pie perfection.”~ Hailey
Pumpkin Pie Protein, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is a delicious and healthy protein shake tribute to the traditional Thanksgiving dessert. Sweet banana, peaches, pineapple, and, of course, pumpkin combine with creamy almond milk, seasonal allspice, and cinnamon to form the perfect pumpkin pie filling, with vanilla protein powder a flavorful but healthy whipped cream substitute. Time to sit back in your chair, unbutton your pants, and let someone else do the dishes!
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Pumpkin Pie Protein smoothie ingredients are:
- pumpkin puree
- almond milk
- vanilla whey protein powder
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Peaches – Peaches are a small fuzzy fruit that originated in China approximately 8,000 years ago. The are extremely rich in antioxidants, including carotenoids, caffeic acid, and polyphenols. Peaches have widely been studied for their ability to reduce the risk of several cancers, prevent tumor growth, and protect the skin from UV damage.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Pumpkins – Pumpkins are highly nutritious winter squash that are native to North America. They are absolutely packed with vitamin A, and provide significant amounts of vitamin B2, vitamin C, vitamin E, and potassium. Pumpkins are known to boost your immune system, protect against age-related eyesight loss, and lower your risk of certain cancers.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Allspice – Allspice is a seasoning made from the dried, unripe berries of the Jamaican pimenta plant that tastes like a combination of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and pepper. It is rich in beneficial plant compounds such as ericifolin, eugenol, gallic acid, and quercition. Allspice is widely used for its anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiviral properties.
Cinnamon – Cinnamon is an ancient spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It is high in powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols, and is loaded with cinnamaldehyde, which also provides significant health benefits. Cinnamon is a known anti-inflammatory, helps reduce cholesterol, improves sensitivity to insulin, and aids in the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
The Nutribullet Pumpkin Pie Protein smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place banana, peaches, pineapple, pumpkin puree, almond milk, allspice, cinnamon, vanilla whey protein powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Coconut milk or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place banana, peaches, pineapple, pumpkin puree, almond milk, allspice, cinnamon, and vanilla whey protein powder into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Coconut milk or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 529mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 8gSugar: 25gProtein: 13g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
Pumpkin is indeed a healthy food choice, packed with nutrients and health benefits. It’s rich in vitamins A and C, which are essential for immune function and skin health, and also provides a good amount of fiber, aiding in digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness. The beta-carotene, which gives pumpkin its orange color, is an antioxidant that can help protect against chronic diseases and improve eye health. Additionally, pumpkin is low in calories, making it a great option for weight management.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Pumpkin Pie Protein smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.