“Beets are so healthy, but I’m typically not a fan. However, you can hardly taste the beets in this smoothie … it’s so good!”~ Kerry H.
Raspberry Beet, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is a pretty pink vegetable smoothie that is absolutely packed with natural fiber and protein. Sweet from the raspberries, creamy from the unsweetened almond milk and coconut oil, with just a touch of earthiness from the super-healthy beets. If you aren’t a fan of beets, but crave the unique nutrients they provide, this delicious drink just might be the answer!
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Raspberry Beet smoothie ingredients are:
- almond milk
- Greek yogurt
- coconut oil
Beets – Beets possess a particularly powerful nutritional profile. They are extremely low in calories, yet rich in vitamins and minerals important to athletic performance. Beets contain significant amounts of folate, important to physical growth and heart health, manganese, which assists bone strength and brain function, and copper, which facilitates energy production. Studies have shown that beets can help lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, and reduce age-related cognitive decline.
Raspberries – Raspberries are a popular seasonal fruit that are actually a member of the rose family. They are packed with vitamin C and manganese and also provide several B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Raspberries are very high in antioxidant plant compounds that protect against cell damage and can help reduce your risk of various chronic diseases.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt has been a staple of Greek cuisine for more than 2,000 years. It is high in vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, em>calcium, and selenium, and is particularly rich in protein. Greek yogurt benefits bone health, supports a healthy digestive tract, and aids in post-workout muscle recovery.
Coconut Oil – Coconut oil, long considered a healthy alternative to traditional cooking oils, is gaining popularity as a health supplement. It is a particularly rich source of medium-chain triglycerides, a type of saturated fat, that have been found to increase caloric burn and promote weight loss. Coconut oil has also been linked to increased brain health and the reduction of symptoms caused by Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Raspberry Beet Smoothie
The Nutribullet Raspberry Beet smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place beets, raspberries, unsweetened almond milk, Greek yogurt, coconut oil, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Coconut milk or soy milk (with a little extra ice) can be substituted for the Greek yogurt to make this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place beets, raspberries, unsweetened almond milk, Greek yogurt, coconut oil, and ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Coconut milk or soy milk (with a little extra ice) can be substituted for the Greek yogurt to make this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 13g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
Beets are highly nutritious and offer numerous health benefits. They are rich in essential nutrients, including folate, manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Beets are particularly known for their high content of nitrates, which the body converts into nitric oxide. This compound helps to improve blood flow and lower blood pressure, benefiting cardiovascular health. The pigments that give beets their vibrant color, known as betalains, have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These compounds can help protect against oxidative stress and inflammation-related chronic diseases. Additionally, beets are high in fiber, which supports digestive health and can aid in weight management.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Raspberry Beet smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.