Strawberry Cupcake, a NutriBullet Smoothie Recipe, is a delicious nutrient-packed dessert smoothie that is absolutely loaded with protein and natural fiber. Sweet from the strawberries, creamy from the banana and vanilla almond milk, with a lovely rich texture from the heart-healthy chia seeds and rolled oats. The perfect after-dinner dessert that is actually good for you!
What Is In The Strawberry Cupcake Smoothie From NutriBullet?
The NutriBullet Strawberry Cupcake smoothie ingredients are bananas, spinach, strawberries, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, rolled oats, and vanilla whey protein powder.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are small in size, but big in nutritional value. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and are rich in dietary fiber. In addition, the compounds in chia seeds have been shown to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals, assist with lowering blood pressure, and reduce inflammation.
Oats – Oats are one of the most healthy grains you can eat, being packed with fiber, loaded with essential nutrients, and 100% gluten-free. They are high in manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1, and vitamin B5. Oats are widely used to lower cholesterol and prevent oxidization of LDL cholesterol. [Amazon]
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
- Place bananas, spinach, strawberries, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, rolled oats, and vanilla whey protein powder into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 12gSugar: 16gProtein: 26g
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Strawberry Cupcake smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.