An earthy, nutrient-rich Liver Detox smoothie designed to help cleanse and eliminate harmful toxins from your liver. Learn how to make at home!
Realfood Liver Detox, a Detox Smoothie Recipe, is a liver cleansing nutrient powerhouse. Created to boost your system’s natural ability to flush harmful toxins from the liver, the Realfood Liver Detox Smoothie helps your body to help itself. Natural and powerful … just the way we like it!
“Excellent recovery drink after a late night out … so many good things in this one! Add a little nonfat frozen yogurt to thicken it up and make it more filling.”
What Is In The Realfood Liver Detox Smoothie?
The Realfood Liver Detox smoothie ingredients are:
- baby spinach
- dandelion greens
- purple cabbage
- crushed ice
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Baby Spinach – Baby spinach is an early harvest leafy green that is slightly sweeter than regular spinach. It is nutrient-dense, containing significant vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folate, iron, and zinc. Baby spinach is known to promote eye health, lower blood sugar levels, help prevent anemia, and reduce the risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Beets – Beets possess a particularly powerful nutritional profile. They are extremely low in calories, yet rich in vitamins and minerals important to athletic performance. Beets contain significant amounts of folate, important to physical growth and heart health, manganese, which assists bone strength and brain function, and copper, which facilitates energy production. Studies have shown that beets can help lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, and reduce age-related cognitive decline.
Carrots – Carrots are a super-healthy root vegetable that are an excellent source of fiber. They are high in vitamin A, vitamin K1, beta carotene, potassium, and loaded with antioxidants. Carrots are most famous for promoting good vision, but also lower cholesterol and help protect against various forms of cancer.
Dandelion Greens – Dandelion greens have been used medicinally for hundreds of years, both in teas and in edible cuisine. They are highly nutritious plants, containing vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, and folate. Dandelion greens have been shown to protect against liver damage by helping to reduce excess liver fat, remove toxins from the body using its diuretic effect, and reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Lemons – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Red Cabbage – Red cabbage is a nutrient-dense vegetable that offers several impressive health benefits. It provides vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, riboflavin, and thiamine. Red cabbage helps fight inflammation, reduces your risk of heart disease, and strengthens bones.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this detox smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Realfood Liver Detox smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place apple, baby spinach, beets, carrots, dandelion greens, lemon, purple cabbage, water, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following earthy veggie smoothies also contain highly nutritious beets:
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Realfood Liver Detox Smoothie Recipe
The Realfood Liver Detox Smoothie is a liver cleansing nutrient powerhouse. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1/2 apples, cored
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup beets
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup dandelion greens
- 1/4 lemons, peeled
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 scoop Detox & Cleanse Boost, optional
- Place apple, baby spinach, beets, carrots, dandelion greens, lemon, purple cabbage, water, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Unsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 8gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
More Detox Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Realfood Liver Detox smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Detox Smoothie Recipes page.
WebMD: Website; Healthline: Website