A smooth and creamy Simply Great Detox smoothie designed to help cleanse and eliminate harmful toxins from the body. Learn how to make at home!
Simply Great Detox, a Detox Smoothie Recipe, contains a wide variety of nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables that are packed with free radical fighting antioxidants. Sweet apples and strawberries, tangy pineapple and lemon juice, earthy baby spinach and beets, with a dusting of cayenne pepper in a creamy avocado and coconut water base. This delicious smoothie is all-inclusive and just delivers healthful goodness on so many levels, a truly special and revitalizing blend.
“Delicious, beautiful in the glass, and oh so healthy! This is by far my favorite smoothie right now, I could drink one every day.”
What Is In The Simply Great Detox Smoothie?
The Simply Great Detox smoothie ingredients are:
- baby spinach
- green apple
- coconut water
- lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
Avocados – Avocados are neither fruit nor vegetable, but are actually considered berries. They are an excellent source of vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Avocados promote healthy gut bacteria, reduce the risk of heart disease, and provide essential nutrients required during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Baby Spinach – Baby spinach is an early harvest leafy green that is slightly sweeter than regular spinach. It is nutrient-dense, containing significant vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folate, iron, and zinc. Baby spinach is known to promote eye health, lower blood sugar levels, help prevent anemia, and reduce the risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Beets – Beets possess a particularly powerful nutritional profile. They are extremely low in calories, yet rich in vitamins and minerals important to athletic performance. Beets contain significant amounts of folate, important to physical growth and heart health, manganese, which assists bone strength and brain function, and copper, which facilitates energy production. Studies have shown that beets can help lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, and reduce age-related cognitive decline.
Green Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Coconut Water – Coconut water has become an increasingly popular health drink as of late. It is low in calories, efficiently replenishes electrolytes, is an excellent source of potassium, and contains potent free radical fighting antioxidants. Also, coconut water has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes, prevent kidney stone formation, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Lemons Juice – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Cayenne Peppers – Cayenne peppers are a type of moderately hot chili pepper with a signature spicy flavor. They contain high amounts of vitamin A, vitamin B6, and vitamin C, but gained popularity as a health supplement due to their abundance of the beneficial plant compound capsaicin. Cayenne peppers have several health benefits, including pain relief, improved athletic performance, and the ability to lower blood sugar levels.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this detox smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Simply Great Detox smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place avocado, baby spinach, beets, green apple, pineapple, strawberries, coconut water, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies are also excellent for detoxifying your body:
- Blueberry Mango Detox Smoothie Recipe
- Grapefruit Detox Smoothie Recipe
- SkinnyMs Cleanse And Detox Smoothie Recipe
- Place avocado, baby spinach, beets, green apple, pineapple, strawberries, coconut water, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 18gSugar: 50gProtein: 18g
More Detox Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Simply Great Detox smoothie recipe, try more of our great tasting body cleansing favorites on our Detox Smoothie Recipes page.