“LOVE the spicy kick in this one, but go easy on the cinnamon the first time you make it! Tastes fresh and green, light and citrusy, but with some heat.”🙂Sydney
SkinnyMs Cleanse And Detox, a detox smoothie recipe, was designed to boost kidney and liver function as part of a balanced detoxification program. Cinnamon, used by Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, is one of the most power antioxidants available and enhances the effect of this system flushing smoothie. Just don’t add too much … because it’s spicy!
The SkinnyMs Cleanse And Detox smoothie ingredients are:
- chia seeds
- crushed ice
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic. [Amazon]
Celery – Celery, a low calorie diet food, has a number of surprising health benefits. It is an excellent source of phytonutrients and is absolutely packed with cell-protecting antioxidants such as vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids. Celery also reduces chronic inflammation, supports a healthy digestive tract, and and has an alkalizing effect that can help neutralize acidic foods. [Amazon]
Kale – Kale, a very popular cruciferous vegetable, is one of the most nutrient-packed foods you can eat. A single cup contains 200% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, 135% of the recommended vitamin C, and 685% of the recommended vitamin K, among many others. Kale also provides very high levels of the powerful antioxidants quercetin and kaempferol, known to lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Lemons – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia. [Amazon]
Parsley – Parsley is a Mediterranean leaf plant, widely used as a fragrant culinary herb that provides great nutritional value and offers many health benefits. It is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium. In addition to fresh breath, parsley supports bone health and healing, helps prevent age-related macular degeneration, and displays antibacterial properties. [Amazon]
Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are small in size, but big in nutritional value. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and are rich in dietary fiber. In addition, the compounds in chia seeds have been shown to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals, assist with lowering blood pressure, and reduce inflammation.
Cinnamon – Cinnamon is an ancient spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It is high in powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols, and is loaded with cinnamaldehyde, which also provides significant health benefits. Cinnamon is a known anti-inflammatory, helps reduce cholesterol, improves sensitivity to insulin, and aids in the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this detox smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The SkinnyMs Cleanse And Detox smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place apple, celery, kale, lemon, parsley, chia seeds, cinnamon, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Place apple, celery, kale, lemon, parsley, chia seeds, cinnamon, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 11gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Parsley aids in detoxification by acting as a natural diuretic, helping the body eliminate toxins and excess fluid through urination. It’s also high in vitamins A, C, and K, and contains antioxidants that help protect the body from oxidative stress. Additionally, parsley supports kidney function, which plays a key role in the body’s detoxification processes.
Cinnamon, with its potent antioxidant properties, aids in detoxification by combating oxidative stress in the body. It can also help stimulate the metabolism to assist in the body’s natural detoxification processes. Furthermore, cinnamon has been found to support blood sugar regulation, which can contribute to overall wellbeing.
More Detox Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this SkinnyMs Cleanse And Detox smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Detox Smoothie Recipes page.