Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Almond Mocha Recipe – A high-protein low-sugar coffee-based smoothie you can order from the Smoothie King menu or learn how to make at home.
Coffee High Protein Almond Mocha, a Smoothie King Get Fit Blend recipe, is a high-protein low-sugar energy booster. No this is not a hot coffee, it’s a coffee-based smoothie that is absolutely delicious and rivals any coffee drink on the Starbucks menu. The perfect drink to get your engines roaring in the morning or for an afternoon pick-me-up!
“Yummy, lots of protein and caffeine … this is my new morning go to drink. Totally don’t need breakfast after this!”
What Is In The Coffee High Protein Almond Mocha At Smoothie King?
The Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Almond Mocha smoothie ingredients are coffee, dates, almond milk, protein powder, almonds, cacao powder, and ice.
Coffee – Coffee is widely used for its ability to enhance focus and provide an energy boost. It contains the central nervous system stimulant caffeine which increases energy levels and reduces fatigue. Coffee has also been shown to reduce the risk of developing neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Dates – Dates are the sweet and chewy fruit of a palm tree that are typically consumed dried. They are highly nutritious, containing significant vitamin B6, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Dates are abundant in disease-fighting antioxidants and have been shown to improve brain function by reducing inflammation and preventing plaque formation.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Almonds – Almonds are the world’s most popular nut and are rich in nutrients and healthy fats. They have significant amounts of protein, vitamin E, manganese, and magnesium. Almonds have been shown to protect against heart disease, various cancers, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Cacao – Cacao powder, commonly used as a base ingredient for chocolate, is made by grinding up coco beans and removing the fat. Its main health benefit comes from an abundance of polyphenols, a naturally occurring group of antioxidants. Cacao powder is a heart-healthy ingredient, known to reduce high blood pressure, improve blood flow to your brain, lower the risk of stroke, and improve Type 2 diabetes symptoms.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Almond Mocha smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place coffee, dates, almond milk, protein powder, almonds, cacao powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies are also coffee-based and have a similar mocha flavor:
- Place coffee, dates, almond milk, almonds, cacao powder, protein powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Dark chocolate may be substituted for cacao powder.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 638Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 13gSugar: 38gProtein: 80g
More Smoothie King Recipes
→ If you liked this Coffee High Protein Almond Mocha recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Smoothie King Recipes page.
Smoothie King: Website