“Delicious, super-healthy smoothie … and VERY filling. One of these for breakfast keeps me full until lunchtime.”~ Jeannine
Daily Warrior, a copycat Smoothie King recipe, is a fruit and vegetable, preventative health care smoothie that is loaded with antioxidants, potassium, and nut-based protein for muscle growth. Sweet blueberries, earthy spinach, nutty almonds and peanut butter, in a creamy banana and fruit juice base. The perfect smoothie for every day health and wellness or as a post-workout recovery drink.
Everything You Need
The Smoothie King Daily Warrior ingredients are:
- apple juice
- blueberry juice
- peanut butter
- Collagen Boost, optional
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular superfood that are low in calories and highly nutritious. They are the king of antioxidants, being absolutely loaded with flavonoids, and provide significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries protect against aging and cancer, by reducing DNA damage, and boost heart function, by preventing LDL oxidization and lowering blood pressure.
Dates – Dates are the sweet and chewy fruit of a palm tree that are typically consumed dried. They are highly nutritious, containing significant vitamin B6, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Dates are abundant in disease-fighting antioxidants and have been shown to improve brain function by reducing inflammation and preventing plaque formation.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Apple Juice – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Peanut Butter – Peanuts are a South American legume that are actually closely related to beans. They are loaded with high-quality plant-based protein, healthy fats, and a rich antioxidant profile that includes isoflavones, p-coumaric acid, phytic acid, and phytosterols. Peanuts have been associated with gallstone prevention, reduced risk of heart disease, and the prevention of environmental cell damage.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Smoothie King Daily Warrior
The Smoothie King Daily Warrior is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place bananas, blueberries, dates, spinach, apple juice, blueberry juice, peanut butter, almonds, and Stevia and into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Place bananas, blueberries, dates, spinach, apple juice, blueberry juice, peanut butter, almonds, and Stevia into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 139gFiber: 21gSugar: 79gProtein: 27g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
What are antioxidants?
Antioxidants are compounds that can help protect cells in the body from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are highly reactive molecules that can be formed as a byproduct of normal metabolism or exposure to environmental factors such as tobacco smoke, radiation, and pollution. Free radicals can damage cells and are thought to contribute to the development of certain diseases, such as cancer and heart disease.
Are blueberries good for you?
Yes, blueberries are considered to be very healthy and are a good choice for people looking to add more fruits to their diet. They are high in antioxidants, which can help protect the body from the damaging effects of free radicals. They are also high in fiber, which can help with digestion and weight management. In addition, blueberries are a good source of vitamin C, manganese, and other nutrients.
More Smoothie King Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Daily Warrior smoothie, try more of our copycat favorites on our Smoothie King Recipes page.
Smoothie King: Website