A delicious Tropical Papaya Detox smoothie loaded with electrolytes, designed to help cleanse and eliminate harmful toxins from the body. Learn how to make at home!
Tropical Papaya Detox, a Detox Smoothie Recipe, is an antioxidant powerhouse that helps reduce oxidative stress and inflammation while lowering your cholesterol. Tropically sweet dates, mango, and juicy papaya, tangy pineapple, spicy turmeric, in a rich coconut milk base that is loaded with electrolytes. Tastes great and just so good for your body … also, perfect after a night of excessive jubilation!
“Best … hangover … cure … EVER!”
What Is In The Tropical Papaya Detox Smoothie?
The Tropical Papaya Detox smoothie ingredients are:
- coconut milk
- coconut meat
Dates – Dates are the sweet and chewy fruit of a palm tree that are typically consumed dried. They are highly nutritious, containing significant vitamin B6, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Dates are abundant in disease-fighting antioxidants and have been shown to improve brain function by reducing inflammation and preventing plaque formation.
Mango – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Papaya – Papaya is an extremely healthy tropical fruit that is packed with antioxidants. It contains a unique enzyme called papain that has the ability to break down tough protein chains. Papaya can help resolve constipation, relieve IBS symptoms, and has been shown to significantly reduce inflammation.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Coconut Flakes and Coconut Milk – Coconuts are a popular tropical fruit harvested from the coconut palm tree. They are an excellent source of protein and provide several important minerals, including manganese, copper, selenium, iron, phosphorous, and potassium. Coconuts are also known to promote heart health and help stabilize blood sugar.
Turmeric – Turmeric is a yellow Indian spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. Its primary bioactive ingredient is curcumin, that delivers powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Turmeric has been shown to increase the antioxidant capacity of your body by neutralizing free radicals and stimulating the protective action of other antioxidants.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this detox smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Tropical Papaya Detox smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place dates, mango, papaya, pineapple, coconut milk, coconut meat, and turmeric into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies are also excellent for detoxifying your body:
- Grapefruit Detox Smoothie Recipe
- Liver Detox Smoothie Recipe
- Tropical Turmeric Cleanser Detox Smoothie Recipe
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Tropical Papaya Detox Smoothie Recipe
Tropical Papaya Detox smoothie recipe tastes like a refreshing tropical health shake loaded with electrolytes. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 cup mango, frozen, chunks
- 1 cup papaya
- 1 cup pineapples, frozen, chunks
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place dates, mango, papaya, pineapple, coconut milk, coconut meat, and turmeric into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 130gFiber: 12gSugar: 95gProtein: 24g
More Detox Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Tropical Papaya Detox smoothie recipe, try more of our great tasting body cleansing favorites on our Detox Smoothie Recipes page.
WebMD: Website; Healthline: Website