A spicy turmeric anti-inflammatory liver-cleansing smoothie designed to expel harmful toxins from your body, learn how to make at home.
Tropical Turmeric Cleanser Smoothie, a Detox Smoothie Recipe, boosts your liver’s naturally ability to filter and expel harmful toxins, the ultimate goal of any detox program. Turmeric has long been used as a natural detoxifier in India (known by the name “Indian Saffron”) and by the Chinese with its ability to elevate the important liver enzymes UDP glucuronyl transferase and glutathione-S-transferase. But don’t add too much … it is very flavorful!
“Love this one, it tastes so unique and fresh! Not only does it help to detoxify your body, but it is excellent for arthritis and other inflammation-related ailments.”
What Is In The Tropical Turmeric Cleanser Smoothie For Detox?
The Detox Tropical Turmeric Cleanser smoothie ingredients are:
- coconut milk
- lemon juice
- crushed ice
Kale – Kale, a very popular cruciferous vegetable, is one of the most nutrient-packed foods you can eat. A single cup contains 200% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, 135% of the recommended vitamin C, and 685% of the recommended vitamin K, among many others. Kale also provides very high levels of the powerful anitoxidants quercetin and kaempferol, known to lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Mango – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Coconut Milk – Coconut milk, produced by mixing coconut meat with water, has recently become a popular alternative to traditional cow’s milk. It is highly caloric, but offers significant levels of manganese, copper, iron, magnesium, and selenium. Coconut milk also contains medium-chain triglycerides that have been show to lower LDL cholesterol levels.
Lemon Juice – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Ginger – Ginger is a Southeast Asian flowering plant that is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It contains the bioactive compound gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is also used to treat many forms of nausea, including morning sickness and sea sickness, to relieve chronic indigestion, to reduce joint pain resulting from osteoarthritis, and to help fight infections.
Turmeric – Turmeric is a yellow Indian spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. Its primary bioactive ingredient is curcumin, that delivers powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Turmeric has been shown to increase the antioxidant capacity of your body by neutralizing free radicals and stimulating the protective action of other antioxidants.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Detox Tropical Turmeric Cleanser smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place kale, mango, pineapple, coconut milk, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
These smoothies also contain the wonderful anti-inflammatory turmeric, try them all:
- Juice It Up The Turmeric Smoothie
- NutriBullet Cleansing Green Smoothie
- NutriBullet Zingy Orange Peach Mango Smoothie
- Place kale, mango, pineapple, coconut milk, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 620Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 42gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 28gProtein: 9g
More Detox Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Tropical Turmeric Cleanser Smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Detox Smoothie Recipes page.