Vitamix Apple Pie smoothie, a tribute to the ever-popular cinnamon-spiced apple pie dessert, is loaded with powerful antioxidants. Learn how to make at home!
“Lol, it totally tastes like an apple pie. Add a little almond milk and almonds for the crust. Perfection!”🙂 Brittany
Apple Pie, a Vitamix smoothie recipe, is a healthy take on the all-American 4th of July dessert favorite apple pie. Sweet from the apples and apple juice, vanilla creamy from the nonfat frozen yogurt, with just a hint of cinnamon spice. Just like Grandma used to make!
Everything You Need
The Vitamix Apple Pie smoothie ingredients are:
- apple juice
- vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
Apples and Apple Juice – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
Cinnamon – Cinnamon is an ancient spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It is high in powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols, and is loaded with cinnamaldehyde, which also provides significant health benefits. Cinnamon is a known anti-inflammatory, helps reduce cholesterol, improves sensitivity to insulin, and aids in the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Vitamix smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller Vitamix One blender as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Vitamix Antioxidant Rich smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place apple, apple juice, vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, cinnamon, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Vanilla ice cream can be substituted for the vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt but will add extra calories.
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Does cinnamon help fight inflammation?
Yes, cinnamon is known to contain several compounds with anti-inflammatory properties, including cinnamaldehyde, which can help the body fight infections and repair tissue damage. These properties may contribute to the reduction of chronic inflammation, potentially lowering the risk of diseases like heart disease and cancer.
Is nonfat frozen yogurt healthy?
Nonfat frozen yogurt can be a healthier alternative to ice cream due to its lower fat content and the presence of probiotics that promote gut health. However, it often contains added sugars, so it should still be consumed in moderation and considered a treat rather than a staple in a healthy diet.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies also have great apple flavor, give one a try:
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Vitamix Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
Vitamix Apple Pie smoothie tastes like Grandma's apple pie with a hint of cinnamon and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 apples, cored
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup ice cube
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place apple, apple juice, vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, cinnamon, and ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Vanilla ice cream can be substituted for the vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt but will add extra calories.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 130gFiber: 7gSugar: 100gProtein: 19g
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Apple Pie smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.