“This is so yummy! What a great way to get your servings of leafy greens. Kids love it too.”~ Katherine M.
Banana Raspberry Green, a popular Vitamix smoothie recipe, is a tasty way to incorporate a variety of nutrient-rich leafy greens into your diet. Sweet from the raspberries, creamy from the almond milk and bananas, earthy from the romaine and spinach, with a hint of minty freshness peaking through. A delicious way to complete the fruit and vegetable base of your food pyramid!
Everything You Need
The Vitamix Banana Raspberry Green smoothie ingredients are:
- romaine lettuce
- almond milk
- mint leaves
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Raspberries – Raspberries are a popular seasonal fruit that are actually a member of the rose family. They are packed with vitamin C and manganese and also provide several B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Raspberries are very high in antioxidant plant compounds that protect against cell damage and can help reduce your risk of various chronic diseases.
Romaine Lettuce – Romaine lettuce is a crunchy nutrition-dense leafy green with a neutral taste. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, calcium, folate, magnesium, phosphorous, and potassium. Romaine lettuce is known to support human cell and DNA growth, promote reproductive health, boost your immune system, prevent osteoporosis, and benefit nerve function.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Mint – Mint is well known for the minty cool sensation it provides and is a popular ingredient in a variety of drinks and dishes. It is rich in nutrients including vitamin A, iron, and manganese, although it is typically used only as a flavoring agent in small quantities. The menthol in mint has been shown to relieve indigestion and reduce Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Vitamix Antioxidant Rich Smoothie
The Vitamix Antioxidant Rich smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place bananas, raspberries, romaine lettuce, spinach, unsweetened almond milk, and mint into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Try swapping fresh peppermint for the mint to give this drink a little more bite.
- Place bananas, raspberries, romaine lettuce, spinach, unsweetened almond milk, and mint into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Try swapping fresh peppermint for the mint to give this drink a little more bite.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 19gSugar: 61gProtein: 34g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Is fresh mint good for you?
Yes, fresh mint is good for you as it’s rich in several important nutrients, including vitamin A, iron, and manganese. It also contains menthol, which has natural anti-inflammatory properties and can aid in digestion, potentially helping to soothe symptoms of indigestion and irritable bowel syndrome.
How can I make this smoothie dairy-free?
This smoothie is already dairy-free, as it uses almond milk. However, you can substitute any other dairy-free milk, such as coconut milk or oat milk, based on your preference.
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Banana Raspberry Green smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.