A vitamin-packed, fruit and veggie Vitamix smoothie recipe delivering a serving of super-healthy beets in a tangy citrus shake, learn how to make at home!
Beet Pomegranate Citrus, a Vitamix Smoothie Recipe, is an intensely flavorful nutrient-rich smoothie that is absolutely packed with immune boosting vitamin C. Sweet and tangy from the pomegranate and citrus, deep earthy undertones from the beets and spinach, with just a hint of ginger spice. This delicious drink is like a big purple multivitamin in a glass!
“I’m not usually of fan of beets, but this shake just tastes sooooo good and fresh! It tastes much more citrusy than earthy, but delivers a full serving of raw beets.”
What Is In The Beet Pomegranate Citrus Smoothie From Vitamix?
The Vitamix Beet Pomegranate Citrus smoothie ingredients are:
- pomegranate juice
Beets – Beets possess a particularly powerful nutritional profile. They are extremely low in calories, yet rich in vitamins and minerals important to athletic performance. Beets contain significant amounts of folate, important to physical growth and heart health, manganese, which assists bone strength and brain function, and copper, which facilitates energy production. Studies have shown that beets can help lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, and reduce age-related cognitive decline.
Lemons – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Oranges – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Pomegranate Juice – Pomegranates, which are actually edible seeds, are one of the healthiest fruits you can eat. They contain significant vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium in addition to the unique beneficial plant compounds punicalagins and punicic acid. Pomegranates have three times the antioxidant activity of green tea, demonstrate impressive anti-inflammatory properties, have been shown to fight both breast cancer and prostate cancer, and fight arthritis and joint pain.
Ginger – Ginger is a Southeast Asian flowering plant that is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It contains the bioactive compound gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is also used to treat many forms of nausea, including morning sickness and sea sickness, to relieve chronic indigestion, to reduce joint pain resulting from osteoarthritis, and to help fight infections.
Parsley – Parsley is a Mediterranean leaf plant, widely used as a fragrant culinary herb that provides great nutritional value and offers many health benefits. It is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium. In addition to fresh breath, parsley supports bone health and healing, helps prevent age-related macular degeneration, and displays antibacterial properties.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Vitamix smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller Vitamix One blender as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Vitamix Beet Pomegranate Citrus smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place beets, lemons, oranges, spinach, pomegranate juice, ginger, parsley, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies also offer a full serving of beets, give one a try:
- Juice It Up The Reds Smoothie Recipe
- NutriBullet Very Merry Valentine Smoothie Recipe
- Vitamix Blackberry Beet Smoothie Recipe
- Place beets, lemons, oranges, spinach, pomegranate juice, ginger, parsley, and ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 13gSugar: 36gProtein: 21g
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Beet Pomegranate Citrus smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.