Vitamix Beet Strawberry Cranberry smoothie loaded with betalain, a powerful low-calorie beet-based antioxidant. Learn how to make at home!
“Tastes like a flavorful berry shake, you hardly notice the beets … but your body notices how nutritious they are!”🙂 Julie C.
Beet Strawberry Cranberry, a Vitamix smoothie recipe, is loaded with important phytonutrients known as betalains which have been shown to provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support. Often found on fitness aficionados’ short-list of “most healthy” vegetables, this beet-rich smoothie balances out its earthy taste with the sweet-tart flavors of strawberry and cranberry. If you need a boost to help make it through your next workout, this elixir is sure to please on many levels.
Everything You Need
The Vitamix Beet Strawberry Cranberry smoothie ingredients are:
- cranberry juice
- crushed ice
Beets – Beets possess a particularly powerful nutritional profile. They are extremely low in calories, yet rich in vitamins and minerals important to athletic performance. Beets contain significant amounts of folate, important to physical growth and heart health, manganese, which assists bone strength and brain function, and copper, which facilitates energy production. Studies have shown that beets can help lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, and reduce age-related cognitive decline.
Cranberries and Cranberry Juice – Cranberries are actually a type of heather and are closely related to blueberries. They are rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K1, copper, and manganese, and absolutely bursting with bioactive plant compounds quercetin, myricetin, peonidin, ursolic acid, and proanthocyanidins. Cranberries are frequently used to treat urinary tract infections and have been shown to be effective in the prevention of ulcers and stomach cancer.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Honey – Honey is a thick, sticky liquid made from plant nectar by honeybees. It is rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids that are excellent at reducing oxidative stress. Honey has been used to facilitate burn and wound healing for thousands of years and has shown great success in healing diabetes-related foot ulcers.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Vitamix smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller Vitamix One blender as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Vitamix Beet Strawberry Cranberry smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place beets, cranberries, strawberries, cranberry juice, honey, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Stevia may be substituted for honey without significantly changing the flavor profile.
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
What do betalains do?
Betalains are plant pigments found in foods like beets and chard that have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals, potentially reducing the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer, and they’ve also been linked to detoxification and reducing inflammation.
Why are cranberries so popular among fitness aficionados?
Cranberries are popular among fitness aficionados for their high nutrient content and antioxidant properties, which can support overall health and recovery from exercise. They’re also a low-calorie source of dietary fiber, making them a satisfying snack that can aid in weight management, and some research suggests they can support urinary tract health.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies are also beet-based, but still taste great. Give one a try:
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Vitamix Beet Strawberry Cranberry Smoothie Recipe
Vitamix Beet Strawberry Cranberry smoothie provides antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 beets, steamed
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place beets, cranberries, strawberries, cranberry juice, honey, and crushed ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 1gSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 10gSugar: 58gProtein: 3g
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Beet Strawberry Cranberry smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.