Vitamix Frozen Strawberry Banana Oat Smoothie Recipe – A smooth and creamy oat-based breakfast smoothie from the creators of the Vitamix Blender, learn how to make at home.
Frozen Strawberry Banana Oat, a Vitamix Smoothie Recipe, is a smooth and creamy oat-based smoothie that is absolutely packed with protein. Sweet strawberries in a thick and creamy bananas and rolled oats base. The perfect easy to make fiber-rich breakfast shake.
What Is In The Frozen Strawberry Banana Oat Smoothie From Vitamix?
The Vitamix Frozen Strawberry Banana Oat smoothie ingredients are bananas, strawberries, rolled oats (or steel cut), and water.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Oats – Oats are one of the most healthy grains you can eat, being packed with fiber, loaded with essential nutrients, and 100% gluten-free. They are high in manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1, and vitamin B5. Oats are widely used to lower cholesterol and prevent oxidization of LDL cholesterol.
- Place bananas, strawberries, rolled oats (or steel cut), and water into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 102gFiber: 14gSugar: 51gProtein: 16g
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Frozen Strawberry Banana Oat smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.