“Yummy, super-healthy, and easy to make … it doesn’t get better than that. I added a splash of lime juice to liven things up a bit.”~ Paula L.
Fruit Salad, a popular Vitamix smoothie recipe, provides the perfect balance of fruit and vegetables, offering a healthy supply of nutrient rich veggies presented in flavorful citrusy sweet wrapper. Tell your kids it’s a dessert drink and watch them finish the vegetables on their plate to receive this delicious fruit and vegetable reward. Fruit Salad Smoothie … we love it when a plan comes together!
Everything You Need
The Vitamix Fruit Salad smoothie ingredients are:
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Carrots – Carrots are a super-healthy root vegetable that are an excellent source of fiber. They are high in vitamin A, vitamin K1, beta carotene, potassium, and loaded with antioxidants. Carrots are most famous for promoting good vision, but also lower cholesterol and help protect against various forms of cancer.
Cucumbers – Cucumbers, while commonly mistaken for vegetables, are actually a highly nutritious fruit. They are rich in the antioxidants flavonoids and tannins that have been found to prevent cell damage by blocking harmful free radicals. Cucumbers also help reduce blood sugar and have been shown to prevent some diabetes-related complications.
Grapes – Grapes have been cultivated for thousands of years and offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They are rich in vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. The antioxidant resveratrol in Grapes helps lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, and protect against heart disease.
Oranges – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Vitamix Fruit Salad Smoothie
The Vitamix Fruit Salad smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place are apple, carrots, cucumber, grapes, orange, pineapple, water, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Grape juice can be substituted for the grapes but will make this delicious drink slightly thinner.
- Place apple, carrots, cucumber, grapes, orange, pineapple, water, and crushed ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Grape juice can be substituted for the grapes but will make this delicious drink slightly thinner.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Sodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 9gSugar: 45gProtein: 3g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Are grapes healthy for you even with all of the sugar?
Yes, despite their sugar content, grapes are indeed healthy as they are packed with numerous nutrients such as vitamins C and K, and potent antioxidants like resveratrol, which have numerous health benefits, including heart health and cancer prevention. However, like all foods, grapes should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet to maintain healthy sugar intake.
Why are cucumbers so popular people on a diet?
Cucumbers are popular among individuals trying to lose weight because they are low in calories and high in water content, which can contribute to feelings of fullness and hydration, helping to reduce overall calorie intake. Additionally, they are rich in dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and promotes satiety, further supporting weight management efforts.
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Fruit Salad smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.