“100% love this, tastes just like a key lime pie! I squeezed regular lime juice in it instead and it tasted great.”~ Amelia
Key Lime Kiwi, a popular Vitamix smoothie recipe, is bursting with phytonutrients that protect DNA in the cell nucleus from oxygen-related damage. In addition, this vitamin C packed citrus and kiwi combination is even better than carrots at protecting your eyes from macular degeneration. And, if that weren’t enough, it tastes like key lime pie!
Everything You Need
The Vitamix Key Lime Kiwi smoothie ingredients are:
- key lime juice
Kiwis – Kiwis, originally known as Chinese gooseberries, are a small delicious fruit native to the hillsides of southern China that offer an impressive list of health benefits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and vitamin K and contain anti-inflammatory plant compounds known as carotenoids. Kiwis are known to reduce heart disease risk factors, including high blood pressure, and aid digestive health by preventing constipation.
Pears – Pears are a sweet, bell-shaped fruit that offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They contain significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. Pears are also known to promote healthy gut bacteria, possess anti-inflammatory properties, and boost heart health.
Lime Juice – Limes are a sour citrus fruit that are best known for their immunity boosting nutrients. They are loaded with vitamin C and contain other important minerals such as riboflavin and niacin. Limes are also known to reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent kidney stones, and aid in the absorption of iron.
Honey – Honey is a thick, sticky liquid made from plant nectar by honeybees. It is rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids that are excellent at reducing oxidative stress. Honey has been used to facilitate burn and wound healing for thousands of years and has shown great success in healing diabetes-related foot ulcers.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Vitamix Key Lime Kiwi Smoothie
The Vitamix Key Lime Kiwi smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place kiwi, pear, honey, key lime juice, water, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Regular lime juice can be substituted for key lime juice without a significant flavor change.
- Place kiwi, pear, honey, key lime juice, water, and crushed ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Regular lime juice can be substituted for key lime juice without a significant flavor change.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 1gSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 10gSugar: 68gProtein: 2g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
How are key limes different from regular limes?
Key limes, also known as Mexican or West Indian limes, are smaller and usually rounder than regular, or Persian, limes, and they have a thinner, yellower skin when ripe. They also have a distinct, more tart and aromatic flavor with a higher acidity, compared to the more common Persian limes that have a brighter, less complex flavor.
What are phytonutrients?
Phytonutrients, also known as phytochemicals, are natural compounds found in plant foods such as fruits, vegetables, grains, beans, nuts, and seeds. They have been associated with various health benefits, including anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and may contribute to a reduced risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and neurodegenerative disorders.
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Key Lime Kiwi smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.