“Such a uniquely delicious smoothie. I used POM pomegranate juice and added a bit more than the amount called for in the recipe. It was awesome!”~ PJ
Pomegranate Boost, a popular Vitamix smoothie recipe, is rich in healthy nutrients and natural fiber and contains an impressive anti-inflammatory profile. Sweet bananas and cherries, tart and tangy pomegranate and oranges, in a creamy cool Greek yogurt base. Tastes great and oh so good for your joints!
Everything You Need
The Vitamix Pomegranate Boost smoothie ingredients are:
- Greek yogurt
- pomegranate juice
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Cherries – Cherries are a kid favorite fruit that boast some terrific health benefits for adults as well. They are rich in vitamin C, potassium, copper, and manganese. Cherries also have exceptional anti-inflammatory qualities and are often used to improve symptoms of arthritis and gout.
Oranges – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt has been a staple of Greek cuisine for more than 2,000 years. It is high in vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, em>calcium, and selenium, and is particularly rich in protein. Greek yogurt benefits bone health, supports a healthy digestive tract, and aids in post-workout muscle recovery.
Flaxseed – Flaxseed has a mild, nutty flavor and a crisp, crunchy texture. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals and high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Flaxseed is rich in fiber, has potent cancer-fighting properties, particularly for breast cancer colorectal cancer, and skin cancer, and benefits your heart by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
Pomegranate Juice – Pomegranates, which are actually edible seeds, are one of the healthiest fruits you can eat. They contain significant vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium in addition to the unique beneficial plant compounds punicalagins and punicic acid. Pomegranates have three times the antioxidant activity of green tea, demonstrate impressive anti-inflammatory properties, have been shown to fight both breast cancer and prostate cancer, and fight arthritis and joint pain.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Pomegranate Boost Smoothie
The Pomegranate Boost smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place bananas, cherries, oranges, spinach, Greek yogurt, flaxseed, and pomegranate juice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Coconut milk or soy milk (with a little extra ice) can be substituted for the Greek yogurt to make this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place bananas, cherries, oranges, spinach, Greek yogurt, flaxseed, and pomegranate juice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Coconut milk or soy milk (with a little extra ice) can be substituted for the Greek yogurt to make this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 102gFiber: 14gSugar: 53gProtein: 21g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Do bananas really help promote muscle growth?
Bananas are rich in essential nutrients like potassium, which plays a key role in muscle contractions and preventing muscle cramps, and carbohydrates, providing quick energy needed for workouts and muscle recovery. However, while they do support the body’s overall exercise performance and recovery process, they should be combined with a balanced diet and regular exercise for effective muscle growth.
Is Greek yogurt good for you?
Yes, Greek yogurt is an excellent source of high-quality protein, calcium, and probiotics, which can support bone health and improve digestive health. Additionally, its low sugar and high protein content can aid in managing hunger and weight, making it a healthy choice for most individuals when consumed as part of a balanced diet.
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Pomegranate Boost smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.