Vitamix Winter Green Yuzu smoothie featuring the unique Japanese citrus, loaded with vitamin C. Learn how to make at home!
“One of my favorite smoothies. I really wish I could find actual Yuzu here in the U.S., but I substituted in lemon and a squeeze of lime and it tasted great. Also, add a little ice for texture.”🙂 Anne
Winter Green Yuzu, a Vitamix Smoothie Recipe, is a unique Japanese citrus based smoothie that is packed with both Vitamin C and leafy greens. Sweet apples and dates, tangy and tart oranges and yuzu, earthy spinach, in refreshing watery base. Truly a special drink, based on a special fruit.
What Is In The Vitamix Winter Green Yuzu Smoothie?
The Vitamix Winter Green Yuzu smoothie ingredients are:
- crushed ice
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Dates – Dates are the sweet and chewy fruit of a palm tree that are typically consumed dried. They are highly nutritious, containing significant vitamin B6, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Dates are abundant in disease-fighting antioxidants and have been shown to improve brain function by reducing inflammation and preventing plaque formation.
Oranges – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Yuzu – Yuzu are a sour Japenese citrus fruit, similar to a lemon, that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one yuzu provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Yuzu are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Vitamix smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller Vitamix One blender as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Vitamix Winter Green Yuzu smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place apples, dates oranges, spinach, yuzu, water, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Lemon with a squeeze of lime can be substituted for the difficult-to-find Japanese yuzu.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
- 1 apple, cored
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 yuzu, peeled, deseeded
- 1 cup water
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place apples, dates oranges, spinach, yuzu, water, and crushed ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Lemon with a squeeze of lime can be substituted for the difficult-to-find Japanese yuzu.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 97gFiber: 16gSugar: 55gProtein: 20g
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Winter Green Yuzu smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.