“Super easy to make and minty fresh. An awesome meal replacement shake while maintaining a keto diet.”~ Katherine
Avocado Mint, a fat-burning Keto smoothie recipe, is a refreshing and invigorating drink that combines the creaminess of avocado with the cooling sensation of fresh mint. This smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast or as a revitalizing afternoon snack.
Avocado is an excellent source of healthy fats, potassium, and fiber, which can support heart health and keep you feeling full for longer. The fresh mint leaves offer digestive and anti-inflammatory benefits, while the protein powder and MCT oil help maintain muscle mass and support ketosis.
Everything You Need
The Keto Avocado Mint smoothie ingredients are:
- fresh mint leaves
- almond milk
- MCT oil
- vanilla protein powder
Avocados – Avocados are neither fruit nor vegetable, but are actually considered berries. They are an excellent source of vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6 vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Avocados promote healthy gut bacteria, reduce the risk of heart disease, and provide essential nutrients required during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Mint – Mint is well known for the minty cool sensation it provides and is a popular ingredient in a variety of drinks and dishes. It is rich in nutrients including vitamin A, iron, and manganese, although it is typically used only as a flavoring agent in small quantities. The menthol in mint has been shown to relieve indigestion and reduce Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
MCT Oil – MCT oil is a supplement made from medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are a type of fat found naturally in coconut oil, palm kernel oil, and dairy products. MCTs are unique because they are more easily absorbed and metabolized by the body compared to long-chain triglycerides (LCTs) found in most dietary fats. This rapid absorption and metabolism provide a quick source of energy, making MCT oil popular among athletes, those following a ketogenic diet, and individuals seeking to improve cognitive function or support weight management.
Stevia – Stevia is a sugar substitute made from the leaves of the stevia plant. It is about 200 times sweeter than traditional refined table sugar, but contains no carbohydrates, calories, or artificial ingredients. However, many users find the aftertaste bitter and displeasing.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Keto Avocado Mint Smoothie
The Keto Avocado Mint smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place avocado, fresh mint leaves, almond milk, MCT oil, Stevia, vanilla protein powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
Soy milk or coconut milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie keto-friendly.
Hemp protein powder and a few drops of vanilla extract can be substituted for the vanilla whey protein powder.
Add a handful of spinach for extra nutrients.
- Place avocado, fresh mint leaves, almond milk, MCT oil, Stevia, vanilla protein powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Soy milk or coconut milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie keto-friendly.
- Hemp protein powder and a few drops of vanilla extract can be substituted for the vanilla whey protein powder.
- Add a handful of spinach for extra nutrients.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 11gSugar: 39gProtein: 52g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Why is avocado a key ingredient in a Keto Avocado Mint Smoothie?
Avocado is a key ingredient in a Keto Avocado Mint Smoothie because it’s low in carbs, high in healthy fats, and rich in fiber, making it an ideal choice for a ketogenic diet. The creamy texture of avocado blends well in a smoothie, adding richness and thickness without the need for additional high-carb ingredients. Moreover, avocados are packed with essential vitamins and minerals, further enhancing the nutritional value of the smoothie.
Can I use dried mint instead of fresh mint in a Keto Avocado Mint Smoothie?
While fresh mint is preferred for its vibrant flavor and aroma, you can use dried mint in a Keto Avocado Mint Smoothie if fresh mint is unavailable. However, dried mint tends to have a more concentrated flavor, so you’ll need to adjust the amount accordingly. Start with a smaller quantity of dried mint (about 1/3 of the fresh amount) and gradually increase it to taste, ensuring the mint flavor doesn’t overpower the other ingredients in the smoothie.
More Keto Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Avocado Mint smoothie, try more of our fat-burning favorites on our Keto Smoothie Recipes page.