A delicious, earthy Pink Detox Blast smoothie from the creators of the NutriBullet Nutrition Extractor. Learn how to make at home!
Pink Detox Blast, a NutriBullet Smoothie Recipe original detox drink, will cleanse your liver, lower your blood pressure, lubricate your joints, and reduce inflammation. Packed with plenty of fiber, this beet-based healthy drink has it all. But don’t blend in white … this scrumptious smoothie stains!
“I usually am not a fan of beets, but this smoothie tastes so good. The apples and berries sweeten it up nicely, and I put a dab of vanilla frozen yogurt in it too.”
What Is In The Pink Detox Blast Smoothie From NutriBullet?
The NutriBullet Pink Detox Blast smoothie ingredients are:
- lemon juice
- coconut water
- crushed ice.
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Avocados – Avocados are neither fruit nor vegetable, but are actually considered berries. They are an excellent source of vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Avocados promote healthy gut bacteria, reduce the risk of heart disease, and provide essential nutrients required during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Beets – Beets possess a particularly powerful nutritional profile. They are extremely low in calories, yet rich in vitamins and minerals important to athletic performance. Beets contain significant amounts of folate, important to physical growth and heart health, manganese, which assists bone strength and brain function, and copper, which facilitates energy production. Studies have shown that beets can help lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, and reduce age-related cognitive decline.
Celery – Celery, a low calorie diet food, has a number of surprising health benefits. It is an excellent source of phytonutrients and is absolutely packed with cell-protecting antioxidants such as vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids. Celery also reduces chronic inflammation, supports a healthy digestive tract, and and has an alkalizing effect that can help neutralize acidic foods.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Lemon Juice – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Coconut Water – Coconut water has become an increasingly popular health drink as of late. It is low in calories, efficiently replenishes electrolytes, is an excellent source of potassium, and contains potent free radical fighting antioxidants. Also, coconut water has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes, prevent kidney stone formation, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this detox smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The NutriBullet Pink Detox Blast smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place apple, avocado, beets, celery, strawberries, lemon juice, coconut water, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies have similar flavor profiles and also have a full serving of beets:
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
NutriBullet Pink Detox Blast Smoothie Recipe
The NutriBullet Pink Detox Blast Smoothie was developed to cleanse your liver, lubricate your joints, and reduce inflammation. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- ½ cup apples
- ½ cup avocados
- ½ cup beets
- ½ cup celery
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ cup ice
- 1 scoop Detox & Cleanse Boost, optional
- Place apple, avocado, beets, celery, strawberries, lemon juice, coconut water, and crushed ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 14gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Pink Detox Blast smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page or more of our great tasting body cleansing favorites on our Detox Smoothie Recipes page.