“So smooth and creamy, love the combination of avocado and zucchini! Added a scoop of collagen to keep my skin supple.”~ Julia C.
The Stronghold, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is a super-healthy protein-packed smoothie that is bursting with skin-loving antioxidants and heart-healthy omega-3. Sweet from the banana and vanilla, earthy from the zucchini and cacao, and creamy from the avocado and almond butter. Just the drink to help lift your performance up to the next level!
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Stronghold smoothie ingredients are:
- almond milk
- almond butter
- cacao nibs
- cacao powder
- vanilla whey protein powder
Avocados – Avocados are neither fruit nor vegetable, but are actually considered berries. They are an excellent source of vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6 vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Avocados promote healthy gut bacteria, reduce the risk of heart disease, and provide essential nutrients required during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Zucchini – Zucchini is an Italian summer squash that is actually considered a fruit and not a vegetable. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Zucchini promotes a healthy digestive tract, helps lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes, and improves heart health by lowering bad LDL cholesterol.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Almond Butter – Almond butter is made from roasted, ground almonds and is often used as a substitute for peanut butter. It is high in monounsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin E. Almond butter can help lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, and improve the health of artery walls.
Cacao – Cacao powder, commonly used as a base ingredient for chocolate, is made by grinding up coco beans and removing the fat. Its main health benefit comes from an abundance of polyphenols, a naturally occurring group of antioxidants. Cacao powder is a heart-healthy ingredient, known to reduce high blood pressure, improve blood flow to your brain, lower the risk of stroke, and improve Type 2 diabetes symptoms.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Stronghold Smoothie
The Nutribullet Stronghold smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place avocado, banana, zucchini, almond milk, almond butter, cacao nibs, cacao powder, vanilla whey protein powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Coconut milk or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place avocado, banana, zucchini, unsweetened almond milk, almond butter, cacao nibs, cacao powder, vanilla whey protein powder, and ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Coconut milk or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 12gSugar: 12gProtein: 26g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
Zucchini is a highly nutritious vegetable that offers a range of health benefits. It’s low in calories but high in essential nutrients, including vitamins A and C, which are important for immune function and skin health. Zucchini also provides potassium and manganese, along with a good amount of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and can help maintain a healthy weight. The vegetable contains antioxidants like carotenoids, which have been linked to improved heart health and may reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious The Stronghold smoothie, try more of our delicious favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.