Smoothie King Slim-N-Trim Chocolate featuring antioxidant-rich cacao powder and a scoop of muscle-nourishing protein powder. Learn how to make at home!
“Love this classic post-workout shake. Use vanilla whey protein powder to sweeten it up a bit. Also, can substitute in almond milk to keep it vegan.”🙂 Rhonda M.
Slim-N-Trim Chocolate, a copycat Smoothie King Recipe, is a rich and creamy milk chocolate protein shake. The classic flavor combination of sweet chocolate and creamy banana make this muscle builder a timeless choice. The perfect reward after a hard workout.
Everything You Need
The Smoothie King Slim-N-Trim Chocolate ingredients are:
- cacao powder
- chocolate whey protein powder
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Milk – Milk, mainly from cows, sheep, and goats, has been consumed through out the world for thousands of years. It is protein-rich and packed with important nutrients including, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, phosphorous, potassium, and selenium. Milk is known to benefit bone health and may prevent osteoporosis.
Cacao – Cacao powder, commonly used as a base ingredient for chocolate, is made by grinding up coco beans and removing the fat. Its main health benefit comes from an abundance of polyphenols, a naturally occurring group of antioxidants. Cacao powder is a heart-healthy ingredient, known to reduce high blood pressure, improve blood flow to your brain, lower the risk of stroke, and improve Type 2 diabetes symptoms.
Stevia – Stevia is a sugar substitute made from the leaves of the stevia plant. It is about 200 times sweeter than traditional refined table sugar, but contains no carbohydrates, calories, or artificial ingredients. However, many users find the aftertaste bitter and displeasing.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Smoothie King Slim-n-Trim Chocolate is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place banana, milk, cacao powder, protein powder, Stevia, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
What is cacao powder?
Cacao powder is made from ground cocoa beans, which are the seeds of the fruit of the cacao tree. Cocoa beans are high in fat, and when the fat (cocoa butter) is removed, what remains is a dry, powdery substance that is rich in fiber, iron, and magnesium, as well as a number of other minerals and antioxidants.
Is protein powder good for you?
Protein powder can be a convenient and tasty way to increase your protein intake. It can be especially helpful for people who have trouble getting enough protein from food alone, such as vegans or older adults.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
More delicious chocolatey protein shakes for you to try:
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Smoothie King Slim-n-Trim Chocolate Recipe
Smoothie King Slim-n-Trim Chocolate tastes like sweet milk chocolate and creamy banana and is absolutely packed with protein. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1 cup milk, nonfat
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/3 cup whey protein powder, chocolate
- 1 tbsp Stevia
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place banana, milk, cacao powder, protein powder, Stevia, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- Dark chocolate may be substituted for cacao powder.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 522mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 13gSugar: 47gProtein: 132g
More Smoothie King Recipes
→ If you liked this Slim-n-Trim Chocolate smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Smoothie King Recipes page.
Smoothie King: Website